Monday, February 18, 2008

Guest blog: Enneagram blastoff (updated)

You’ve met Inga Tomasino a couple of times. She is a great supporter of Capabilities and a woman of many talents. We introduced you to Inga in September when we told you about her foot reflexology sessions. We then described her expertise with the Enneagram of Personality Types. She is a certified trainer of this modern tool with ancient roots, designed to help discover more about the self and others. Inga offered a class at Capabilities in January. In the blog that follows, Inga summarizes the class and some of the reactions of her students. She and the group had such an amazing experience, Inga plans to run the class again. Please check our Events schedule for details. You can call Inga at 303.423.7903 or email her to ask questions or to sign up.

All I can say is WOW. I just completed presenting the first Enneagram/ EFT Workshop and it stretched us all in ways that were not expected. The looks of surprise and recognition of their own Enneatypes was a memorable event.
We laughed, we stared in amazement and I saw a lot of heads nodding.
In workshop #3 we paired up and tried to guess the other person’s Enneatype by asking key words we learned along the way about ourselves.
Also, in class #3, I presented some new information on cognitive development in the conscious and subconscious mind….basically, how we got to be who we are.
Class 4 was all about healing. Of course we all have “stuff” we are not too pleased with.
We learned the basics of Emotional Freedom Techniques and I am delighted to say that I was able to get 5 EFT practitioners to volunteer their time to work in small groups giving more personal attention to the needs of the individuals in teaching how to use EFT effectively. I am so grateful for these volunteers.
There was some homework involved at times in the nature of waking up to patterns that we keep repeating and that no longer serve us as individuals.
With their permission, here are some of the comments regarding the workshop:

“Was skeptical. After first class my “eyes were open”. This is the first tool that I can relate to. Psychotherapy and psychology classes felt wrong for me.” Kirsten C.

“It was very good. I learned a lot. My counselor was very pleased!” Linda M.

“My daughter and I took this class together. This was amazing synchronicity as we had not arranged to do this. Through this class we both have made a huge breakthrough in understanding ourselves. Well presented – got to my core!” Anne B.

“Fascinated with the Enneagram – opened my eyes to a lot of family issues. How a family of 9 kids have so many different personalities.” Carol L.

“It’s a good class to find out who you are and why you do what you do.” Brenda R.

“An eye opener. Though I was skeptical at first, my interests overcome by the end.” Chris L.

===================================================================

Enneagram/EFT Workshop

The Enneagram is a dynamic system of nine personality types that once understood empowers you to a better understanding of yourself and others. You may be asking, "Who cares, I already know what kind of person I am and what my personality is like, why should I take this workshop?" Simply this... another term that could be substituted for the Enneagram is “Looking for Love in All the Wrong Places”. Did you know that? Are you aware that so much of what has happened to you is actually controlling your life without you being aware of it? So how much do you know now?

By understanding this process, instead of being blindsided, we can reconcile and relocate ourselves to a place of greater understanding and compassion. We are able to understand why we keep doing the same things over and over with no different results. And to think that a little bit of information can do that for you. Not only that, but this process of being blind-sighted happens to everyone in the world, no matter whom they are, or where they’re at! Talk about how mass consciousness happens.

So okay, you find this out, then what? How do you change aspects of yourself? That will happen with EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique, which I will present to you and show you how to use it. EFT is a very simple and wonderful technique that works in marvelous ways.

If you are intrigued and you don’t plan on going anywhere during Spring Break; I ask to consider this very small investment for an all-so-important YOU!
Check out the events section for times and dates.

R.S.V.P.s are a must: 303.423.7903 or inga@ninevoices.com
Looking forward to seeing you there!

No comments: