Sunday, May 6, 2007

Bragging Blog

One of the perks of writing your own blog is that every so often you get to brag about something that makes you very proud. In this case, I’m beaming about my niece, Kat Arbour. She is a coach at the University of Delaware for the skating team and was the recipient of the United States Olympic Committee's (USOC) “Doc” Counsilman Science Award on May 3 during the President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports Award luncheon in Washington, D.C. This award is given annually to a coach who uses scientific techniques and equipment as an integral part of his or her coaching methods, or has been innovative in the use of sports science.
Kat is a licensed physical therapist, a certified personal trainer, an off-ice strength and conditioning coach and a doctoral candidate in biomechanics and movement science. She gives us at Capabilities advice periodically, too, on products for fitness and strength training. She even helps us track down scientific reports on various types of products. I asked her once about inversion tables for one of our customers. She forwarded me the latest research on the topic that I passed along to our customer. It helped her make her decision more carefully.
I love being part of her life and I admire the incredible woman she has become. It’s great, too, that I have those memories of her as a toddler on skates, as a mischievous child who sometimes got herself into big trouble, and always as someone curious and inventive. Congratulations, Kat. You make me proud!
You can read more about Kat in the University Of Delaware Daily.

No comments: