Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Catch Your Breath!

What a good idea! We all run around in so many directions, it’s a good thing to be reminded to take a moment, breathe, enjoy. The American Lung Association spends a lot of time helping people take a breath in other ways. One of the most unique contributions every year is hosting a conference entitled, Catch Your Breath, here in Denver. It’s designed primarily with women in mind, providing a change to re-focus, re-center and give attention to themselves.

The agenda is filled with interesting topics and women. I’ll be offering a session on caregiving, for example. The statistics are amazing! There are over 50 million caregivers in the U.S. and 75% of all caregivers are women. Of that number, 60% are women between the ages of 38 and 68 (most in 40s and 50s). It won’t surprise you to learn that 85% of this group works outside the home. The Caregiving Conundrum, I call it. Women in the sandwich generation get caught between caring for parents, children and sometimes grandchildren. I’ll provide some tools and resources for addressing this conundrum. Next week I’ll tell you more about the session and share some specifics.

I’ll also have a little time to check into a few of the sessions for myself. I have my eye on one called The Chocolate Therapist. I’ll make some notes and share them later.

Post your thoughts on how you catch your breath in the midst of a hectic life!

If you are in need of some R & R, there is still time to register for the event. It’s Friday, May 4th. Details are at www.catchyourbreath.info.

No comments: